With our unique Blockmer-based oligonucleotide synthesis technology, either solid-phase or liquid-phase, we offer extremely high purity oligonucleotides from mg to ton scale at reasonable prices.
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis Service
- Blockmer™ intermediates Sales
- Joint development of equipments and synthetic technologies related to oligonucleotide production
NATiAS provides free oligonucleotides samples to researchers of rare diseases.
For more details, please refer to the NATiAS initiative.
Advantages of Blockmer™ for both solid-phase and liquid-phase synthesis
The use of Blockmer™ can eliminate the n-1 or n-2 impurities usually generated when synthesizing with monomers.
The use of Blockmer™ can increase purity of crude product and improve purification yield.
Synthesis process optimization
The use of Blockmer™ can skip the difficult sequences on solid-phase synthesis, like poly G sequences, by using readymade poly G Blockmer™.
- We have optimized the manufacturing process including the catalyst used, which enables us to set a competitive price; our lowest price can be set at one fifth compared to similar products.
- Blockmer™ purity: >98%
- Stable at -30°C for six months.
- A phosphite-type cyanoethyl Blockmer™ that can be used in conventional solid-phase synthesis machines.
Allyl (Next generation)
- A highly reactive phosphate-type allyl Blockmer™ that uses a stable allyl group to obtain higher purity oligonucleotides.
- Can be easily deprotected by amine treatment (similar conditions to cyanoethyl) and no use of palladium catalyst, the use of which is limited in biochemical and pharmaceutical applications
Prolinol (for stereo-control)
- Optically active thiophosphate-type prolinol Blockmer® that enables the synthesis of stereo-controlled oligonucleotides.
- Can be easily deprotected by heating (80°C) only.
- NATiAS Blockmer®’s intellectual property is protected worldwide.
Oligonucleotide production technology using Blockmer™
Solid-phase synthesis using Blockmer™
- Extremely high-quality oligonucleotides can be produced with almost no impurities (of n-1 or n-2), which is unavoidable in the conventional solid-phase synthesis using monomers.
- Blockmerization of difficult sequences makes it possible for the conventional solid-phase synthesis to skip the related manufacturing problems.
- The stereo-controlled Blockmer™ makes it possible to produce diastereomers (originated from chirality on the phosphorus atom) in a single state. In conventional solid phase synthesis, the diastereomers are produced as a mixture.
- By using Blockmer™, the manufacturing steps (number of processes) can be shortened.
- For example, since the reaction time for monomers and dimers is equivalent, by using dimers as the raw material, the number of synthetic steps can be halved, thus halving the total manufacturing time. In turn, the burden of document management related to GMP manufacturing can be reduced.
Liquid-phase synthesis using Blockmer™
The greatest feature of our Blockmer™ technology will be its application to liquid-phase synthesis of oligonucleotides in larger quantities with higher purity and lower cost.
- Enables the use of longer Blockmer™, which greatly shortens the production process of oligonucleotides, resulting in a significant increase in productivity and a reduction in production costs. Thereby, we can offer the lowest oligonucleotide price in the world.
- For example, when using octamer as a raw material to produce 16-mers, crude products can be obtained just in 3 steps/processes. On the other hand, in the case of the solid-phase method with monomers, 62 processes are required.
Reduction of purification load
- With some exceptions, HPLC purification can be skipped.
Monitoring of the entire manufacturing process
- Unlike the conventional solid-phase method, every manufacturing step can be monitored, allowing recovery in case of deviation.
- Maximum yield can be obtained by checking the reaction endpoint.
Reduction of production loss
- The loss of nucleotides used for synthesis can be reduced to ≤1/10 compared to the conventional solid-phase synthesis method using monomers.
Reduction of raw material cost
- Production cost can be dramatically reduced, especially when compared to the use of expensive modified nucleotides
- The cost of raw materials can be reduced to a fraction of the cost, as stoichiometric amounts are enough for the reaction.
- In the future, the block liquid-phase synthesis method will evolve into a flow manufacturing system to achieve unparalleled productivity.
- There are no oxidized impurities in the sulfated oligonucleotides as we can remove the mixed oxidized impurities, as necessary, in the sulfation process.
- In the conventional solid-phase synthesis method, many varieties of impurities exist, and a lot of time and costs are required to identify the impurity profile and confirm its toxicity. However, our oligonucleotides manufactured by liquid-phase synthesis using BlockmerTM are highly pure. Therefore, the time and cost required for impurities identification can be greatly reduced.
- For natural type: In stock and ready to ship.
- For non-natural type: Can be shipped in about one month, if process development is not necessary.